Dr. Charles Stanley
No matter where you are in your walk with Christ, it’s never too late to begin pursuing a deeper relationship with Him. Whether you’re already passionate about Jesus or know Him only on a surface level, it is wise to do as Paul urged—to “press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 3:14). Draw near to Him in the New Year using the following six steps:
- Study Scripture. No one can know God apart from His Word . . .
- Be willing to spend time alone with the Father in prayer, meditation, and worship. Invest the time needed to know Him better.
- Trust God.The depth of any relationship depends on the level of trust.
- Obey Him.As we take each step of obedience, the Lord will reveal more of Himself.
- Observe how Christ works in your life.Pay attention to how the Lord operates, you’ll become familiar with His ways and goals.
- Make Jesus your top priority.Be willing to lay aside anything that competes with your loyalty and devotion to Him. Be persistent. Forget past failures and press on.
Also, find an example to follow. My grandfather’s relationship with Jesus was the inspiration for my journey of intimacy with Christ.
I knew that if he had that kind of relationship with Jesus, so could I.